Vegan Banana Bread Allergy-Friendly Recipe by Shelly Lynn Hughes
Shelly Lynn is a Partner in yoyomama.ca but also the mother of a child with multiple severe food allergies. Check out her easy recipe that is free of the top 8 allergens.
Makes 1 loaf
· 3 ripe bananas (about 1 cup mashed) + 1 for topping
· 1 cup coconut sugar
· ¼ cup melted coconut oil
· ¼ cup almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
· 2 tsp vanilla extract
· 2 cups whole wheat flour
· 1 tsp baking soda
· ¼ tsp cinnamon
· ¼ tsp salt
· ¼ cup (plus more for topping) Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease 8×8 loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl mash bananas then add coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla. Mix together.
3. Then add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix together. Fold in chocolate chunks.
4. Add batter to loaf pan. Top with sliced banana and extra chocolate chunks. Bake for 45 minutes