Spring Break Fun at the Burnaby Village Museum & Carousel
March 18 – 29, 11 am – 4:30 pm,
Burnaby Village Museum & Carousel
6501 Deer Lake Avenue, Burnaby
Cost: Free gate admission, carousel rides $2.65 each
The Burnaby Village Museum & Carousel is inviting families to take a journey back in time during spring break!
In addition to the always popular carousel ride and the visit to the authentic Ice Cream Parlour, kids and parents can experience some good, old-fashioned fun through the interactive (and educational) exhibits and activities including:
- New design-themed scavenger hunt – pick up a clue sheet and search for patterned tiles, wallpapers and quilts throughout the village!
- Participate in ol’ school games such as hopscotch, tic tac toe, bagatelle, skittles and horseshoes, Mon-Fri, 12-4pm with an activity leader
- Learning about the importance of Chinese medicine to BC’s early Chinese-Canadian communities at the Way Sang Yuen Wat Kee Chinese Herbalist Shop
- Using your senses in the Love Farmhouse; see and hear about how vegetables were picked in the past and present; smell the pickling jar, turn the French bean cutter and put the “waste” in the slop buckets!
- Kids can release their inner blacksmith where they can hammer, bend and twist “metal” at the newly renovated Blacksmith Shop
- Catch a flick at the Central Park Theatre where a series of brand-new short films about Burnaby’s history play daily
- Transportation aficionados of all ages can check out an authentic, restored 1912 interurban tram which used to run along Burnaby’s interurban tram lines back in the day!
On weekends, the Print Shop is open for live demonstrations of the platen press and the Indigenous Learning House welcomes everyone to learn about Coast Salish History and culture.
Families are invited to create special projects at the Real Estate Office from 12pm-4pm.
Those looking to add a little more adventure to their visit, can look into the “ Passports to Exploring” at an additional cost. These packages are perfect for kids 5 years old and up and offer additional hands-on activities, experiences and (depending on the passport option) take-home swag!
Note: The Carousel will not be operating between 1:30pm – 2:00pm daily as their hard-working operators will be taking their well-deserved breaks during this time!