Busy mom Karen Cliche shares an Easter holiday favorite with our readers – enjoy!
1/2 cup 100% natural peanut butter ( smooth or crunchy)
1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 to 3 teaspoons coconut flour, as needed
2/3 cup non dairy chocolate chips
Sprinkles, for decorating.
- Line a large plate with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir the peanut butter, salt, and maple syrup vigorously for 30-60 seconds, until the mixture thickens up.
Stir in the coconut flour until combined, starting with a teaspoon. Looking for a texture that isn’t too sticky but isn’t too dry either. Let it sit for a couple minutes to thicken slightly, as the coconut flour will continue to absorb over time. If your mixture is still very sticky, you can add a touch more coconut flour and stir again.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 tbsp of dough into your hand and form it into an egg shape, then place it on the lined plate; repeat until no more dough remains. Chill in freezer for 30 minutes until firm.
- A few minutes before the eggs are finished chilling, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil into a small pot over the lowest heat setting stirring frequently (or use a double boiler). Stir until the chocolate is completely smooth, then turn off the heat.
- Rest an egg on a fork and dip it into the melted chocolate until it’s completely coated. Tap off the excess chocolate on the side of the pot and set it on the lined plate. Immediately add some sprinkles before the chocolate sets. Repeat for the rest. (If at any point the melted chocolate starts to thicken, simply add a tiny bit of coconut oil and gently warm the chocolate over low heat, stirring until combined.)
- Place the plate in the freezer for 15 minutes until the chocolate is firm. Leftover eggs can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days, but best enjoyed fresh!
ABOUT THE CONTRIBUTOR: Karen Cliche is an actress, event marketing manager, advertising account executive, and mother of a 9 year old daughter. Now living in Ottawa, Canada, she always finds the time to indulge in her favorite hobby, cooking and sharing her love of food with friends and family!