With Halloween right around the corner, the clock is ticking on the time left to pull together a great costume. So here are 4 great last minute Halloween costume ideas for kids or adults that use things you probably have kicking around your house and all can be made in well under 30 minutes.
Image courtesy of Project Junior
- Stuffed Animal
- Facemask (optional)
- Curlers (optional)
- Put on your pajamas, slip on your slippers and grabbed a stuffed animal. If you have a facemask, smear it on.
- Mess up your hair or put it up in curlers.
- Take an empty pillowcase as your loot bag.
Image courtesy of Canadian Living
- Shirt and pants
- Small clothing items: socks, gloves, underwear
- Used dryer sheets
- Safety pins or needle & thread
- Lay out the shirt and pants and arrange the small clothing items on top all over. The used dryer sheets as well if you are using them.
- Attach small clothing items to the shirt and pants with safety pins or sew them on with a needle and thread.
- To complete the look, spike your hair up and out like you’ve just rubbed a balloon on your head.
- Old pants
- Empty Smarties packages (mini or large or a mixture)
- Hot glue gun or safety pins
- Glue empty Smarties packages onto your old pants. You can use safety pins if you don’t own a glue gun.
- We recommend not putting any on the bum if you plan on sitting down!
- Pair these pants with a button down shirt, pens in the pocket and thick framed glasses for a classic “nerdy” look with a twist.
Image courtesy csogalvin on Instagram
- Entirely black or entirely white outfit (pants and shirt or dress)
- Black or white construction paper or adhesive felt
- Safety pins
- Decide if you are going to be a black domino or a white domino as your base colour. Lay out your outfit.
- Cut circles out of the opposite colour of construction paper and safety pin them on to the clothes. Alternatively, you can use adhesive felt skip the safety pinning step, just cut, peel and stick.
- This costume works even better if you have a group all dressed up as different domino numbers. Then line up and lean in one direction like you are being toppled over!
Don’t fret that Halloween is right around the corner. Even if you haven’t decorated your front stoop yet, we’ve got you covered with 3 great, easy, and fun Halloween decorations.
Looking for a great place to show off your fantastic costume? We’ve got a ton of Halloween events & activities in our ultimate family-fun guide to Halloween events & activities.
By: Michelle Hughes