These poor snowmen spent too long outside on a warm day and melted! Your kiddos will get a kick out of these silly characters. They’d probably love to help make them too. These are fun teacher gifts or great to give to a neighbour, just wrap in colourful cellophane, tie with a pretty ribbon and you are all set. This recipe makes 6 – 8 melted snowmen
- 12 oz bag of white melting chocolate
- 4 mini Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups
- 16 Wilton Candy Eyes
- Large orange sprinkles (we just dug through our container of rainbow sprinkles to get the orange ones). Candy corn also works well.
- 24 Smarties or M&Ms
- 16 pretzel sticks
- Line a cookie tray with wax paper (or a silicone baking mat)
- Slice Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups in half for the hats.
- Melt the chocolate in your microwave starting at 30 seconds. Stir and place back in for 10-second intervals until the chocolate has melted.
- Spread the melted chocolate on the wax paper with a spatula
- Place down a hat, 2 eyes, a sprinkle nose, three Smarties and 2 pretzel sticks for each snowman. Space them out a bit so you can easily break between them. Since the snowmen are supposed to have melted, you don’t need to be precise in placement. The more random your placement the quirkier the snowmen will look! We added a few snowflake sprinkles we had on hand. Feel free to embellish your snowman bark however you please.
- Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes or until set.
- Carefully break into pieces. You can use a knife to gently score the chocolate to help guide your breaks.