School Party Snack: Silly Apple Bites
These super fun and allergy-friendly snacks inspired by Fork and Beans are the perfect treat to bring to any Halloween party. The kiddos will love to help decorate these silly faces and then serve them to their friends. Make sure you vary the number of eyes on each apple to make these monsters look extra silly!
2 green apples, quartered
½ c sunflower seed butter
32 sunflower seeds
3 strawberries sliced
Edible googly eyes (use this recipe or purchase from specialty decorating store)
- Cut the middles out of each quarter of the apple to create a mouth.
- Coat the inside of the cut gap with a filling of sunflower seed butter.
- Place 4 sunflower seeds on the top of the “mouth” for the teeth.
- Place 1 sliced strawberry inside the mouth for the tongue.
- “Glue” each eye above the mouth with a dab of sunflower seed butter to stick. Give some faces 1 eyeball, some 2.
Silly apple faces can be stored in the fridge, but should be enjoyed the day they are made.
This is just one of four spooky family-friendly Halloween recipes. Take a look at our other delicious eats to make with your family.
- Breakfast: Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Latte Oatmeal
- Dinner: Candy Corn Pizza
- Sweet Treat: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies