Breakfast: Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Latte Oatmeal
There are few things more cozy and comforting in the fall than a bowl of yummy warm oatmeal. We were inspired by this extra comfy version from our blogger buddy, Shayna at Mommy Outside the Box. Throw all this together the night before Halloween, put it in your slow cooker, and wake up in the morning to a delicious and filling breakfast.
2 cups of steel cut oats
7 cups of water
2 cups of milk (almond, soy, coconut or cow)
1 teaspoon of instant coffee powder (we omit this when serving it to the kiddos)
1 cup of pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1-2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup of ground flax seed (optional)
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray or coat lightly with butter.
- Add the oats and the water.
- Mix the instant coffee (if using) with the milk and add to the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well and put the lid on the slow cooker.
- Turn the slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours.
- Stir, serve and enjoy.
Optional: Sprinkle with your favourite toppings – pecans, brown sugar, raisins, etc.
This is just one of four spooky family-friendly Halloween recipes. Take a look at our other delicious eats to make with your family.
- School Party Snack: Silly Apple Bites
- Dinner: Candy Corn Pizza
- Sweet Treat: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies