Today’s guest is Annaliisa Kapp, a mom to two very spirited and enthusiastic girls and a Registered Holistic Nutritionist who helps busy individuals make sustainable and long-term changes to their health. She’s sharing a delicious and healthful soup recipe fit for cool fall days.
This soup is the ultimate fall comfort food. It’s creamy and heartwarming and oh so delicious. The turmeric and garlic add a touch of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant power to fight the fall cold and flu!
1 medium butternut squash
2 large apples
1 large yellow onion
1 Tbsp coconut oil
3 cups vegetable stock or bone broth
1 can coconut milk (full fat)
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp sea salt
Pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place squash cut side down into a baking dish. Add about an inch of filtered water to the baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop onion and apples. In a large soup pot, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add onion and sea salt and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Roughly chop garlic and add to pot along with cayenne, turmeric, and thyme. Stir for 30 seconds. Add vegetable stock or bone broth, water and apples and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- When squash is finished roasting, carefully remove skin without burning yourself. Roughly chop squash and add to soup along with coconut milk.
- In two batches, blend the soup in a blender. Don’t put too much in at once as the heat can expand and start to ooze out the top! If your soup ends up too thick, you can add a bit more stock or water.
- Serve hot and garnish with toppings!
Makes 4-6 main servings.
About the Author: Annaliisa Kapp is a mom and a Registered Holistic Nutritionist. She offers programs to help individuals navigate through the confusing world of nutrition without promoting any particular diet but rather bio-individuality based on current stress levels, health goals, life stage, and family dynamics. Annaliisa is passionate about teaching her clients how to make healthy eating more simple and delicious while imparting a positive and empowering perspective shift around food that results in greater lifelong food flexibility. Annaliisa currently works with clients both privately and virtually offering online programs for sustainable weight loss related, reduce food sensitivities and stress management, as well as wellness workshops and retreats. www.annaliisakapp.com