Happy Mother’s Day to all the mamas out there. In celebration of our (hopefully) restful weekend, let’s share a giggle.
Am I alone, or have you also started turning into your mother?
For me, the metamorphosis has been somewhat gradual since I entered womanhood. But once I welcomed children thirteen years ago, I seem to have turned into the lovely lady who raised me.
Continue reading the 10 telling pieces of evidence outlining your inevitable future — mom jeans, short hair, and non-stop coffee breath.
1. You forward mass chain emails
Yes, I enjoy celebrating national puppy day, and, of course, I want to know how deodorant is killing me.
But if you are forever forwarding mass chain emails—or if you are still using personal email at all—you might be over 40.
2. You sign your name on texts and Facebook posts
Thank you for clarifying, but technology’s got your identity covered, mom.
And I love you too, dear, but LOL does not mean ‘Lots of Love.”
3. You get overwhelmed easily
Drama’s not just for the youth.
When supper is running late, or you’ve misplaced your stash of Mr. Clean magic erasers, the world truly is not going to come to an end.
4. You actually say, “Pull up your damn pants” when you see this:
5. You start sentences with, “Wait, let me put on my glasses”
6. You purchase (and enjoy) boxed wine
Once a woman says, “Yes, the boxed wine will be all for today,” to the clerk at the liquor store, it’s over.
But I must say, that seal really does keep the wine fresh for up to 3-6 weeks.
7. Throughout the day, you sing songs out loud, then hum the words you don’t know, ending with a “cha cha cha”
There’s no shame in it!
If someone were to catch you doing this, keep the vibe going. We all know you can’t hold back the “Call me Maybe” and vintage Bon Jovi tunes!
8. You regularly wear a robe
Over the rags you call “pyjamas,” you love a cozy, full-body robe. That said, robes easily cover an entire outfit without a problem as well.
After all, sometimes you just really need that warm-up that a simple cardigan doesn’t provide.
9. You say things like, “For heaven’s sake” and “Nifty”
Before you know it, you’ll be saying, “I’ll be there in two shakes of a lamb’s tail” while cracking yourself up.
10. You agree with the parents in the movies, not the kids
Can you relate? Are you also turning into mommy dearest?